L2Cygnus - Interlude Dynamic Faction
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register  / 
[Login] Login  
ridiculous  XML
Forum Index » General discussions
Sweet

3/5 of mages' hits are criticals, which is waay higher than normal. with that being said, stop QQing about mages, they are the strongest in the game atm along with gladis and if you disagree with me, like I said before, you are a shiet mage.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 20/02/2017 13:02:53

chaossbart

We all want balance, but what does "balance" mean?

It means that every class potential is equal. What does that mean? that means that there is no better class, all classes have their pros and cons, certain areas where they win, where they're the best of the best and some areas where they don't.
For example, let's compare a Mage to a Duelist:

-Mages are weak on 1v1 against classes which buff themselves with resist buffs, these clases can buff like this because they don't use damage buffs, such as duelists, tyrants, tanks, etc..
-Mages are one of the best classes to farm pvps, eventhough perhaps they can't kill everything on 1v1, they excel at killing a lot of people, they're fast and they've got range (they'll die a lot though).

-Duelists are really strong on 1v1, strong hp, resists, good damage.
-Duelists can't spam as much dmg and as fast as mages, this means they can't kill as much and farm as many pvps on a map, but they will probably kill a mage on 1v1.

What do we learn out of this? There is some balance on the server, every class will have their strenghts and their weakness, you have to find the one you feel more comfortable with and play it. If your class gets it's strength nerfed or it weakness reduced, it will create debalance.

A little suggestion, before complaining about your class vs another class, think about the other class weaknesses.

smilie
monogiahs

This is a pvp server obviously. So the players here want to pvp and kill everyone. The standard rules and balances of l2 DO NOT apply here. Each class should have the chance to kill every other class, because this is the only way that players will be happy. For example an archer hero in this server can kill a newbie mage 100 out of 100 times. But this is no fun for the newbie player. Or a mage hero can kill a newbie dagger player 100 out of 100 times. You understand where this is going. If you want balance a hero should kill a newbie player 60 out of 100 times.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 20/02/2017 19:29:47

chaossbart

I think we got that, compare Stiles's damage against a newbie mage and compare my damage/tankyness against a newbie tyrant. I don't think that's the point here, I bet Stiles can kill any newbie char, being a mage, just like I can kill any newbie char being a Tyrant.

monogiahs

Well that's exactly the point. There is no balance if a newbie cannot kill you or at least have a chance at killing you. After someone gets valakas and hero, he is pretty much unstoppable by someone who doesn't have epics and hero.
Admin

monogiahs wrote:Well that's exactly the point. There is no balance if a newbie cannot kill you or at least have a chance at killing you. After someone gets valakas and hero, he is pretty much unstoppable by someone who doesn't have epics and hero.

If newbie player dies few times in a row he gets malaria buffs if he dies few more times he gets newbie blessing 1 lvl and if he keeps dying he gets lvl 2 that means that he basically have 2 COV and because of that newbies is able to compete with everyone.
Also newbies gets free A grade that is already enchanted, better reward for killing higher level players, more buff slots and free CP and Elixir potions.
In conclusion you will not kill newbie 100 out of 100 times in a row unless you will restore CP/HP every time.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 21/02/2017 01:52:09

Flashpoint

Admin wrote:
monogiahs wrote:Well that's exactly the point. There is no balance if a newbie cannot kill you or at least have a chance at killing you. After someone gets valakas and hero, he is pretty much unstoppable by someone who doesn't have epics and hero.

If newbie player dies few times in a row he gets malaria buffs if he dies few more times he gets newbie blessing 1 lvl and if he keeps dying he gets lvl 2 that means that he basically have 2 COV and because of that newbies is able to compete with everyone.
Also newbies gets free A grade that is already enchanted, better reward for killing higher level players, more buff slots and free CP and Elixir potions.
In conclusion you will not kill newbie 100 out of 100 times in a row unless you will restore CP/HP every time.

About these malaria buffs, I just came here to tell that it sucks for fighters, when you die a few times in a row, you get a flu or a rheumatism, which decrease p. atk/p. def for crit rate/att.speed, why would i need some stupid att speed when im dying and I need more def instead of speed, nonsense.
Admin

Flashpoint wrote:
About these malaria buffs, I just came here to tell that it sucks for fighters, when you die a few times in a row, you get a flu or a rheumatism, which decrease p. atk/p. def for crit rate/att.speed, why would i need some stupid att speed when im dying and I need more def instead of speed, nonsense.

Malaria is just a first step in helping players who dies few times in a row. But anyway I will make that malaria will not reduce any stats.
monogiahs

So what about this?
monogiahs wrote:This is a pvp server obviously. So the players here want to pvp and kill everyone. The standard rules and balances of l2 DO NOT apply here. Each class should have the chance to kill every other class, because this is the only way that players will be happy.
Admin

monogiahs wrote:So what about this?
monogiahs wrote:This is a pvp server obviously. So the players here want to pvp and kill everyone. The standard rules and balances of l2 DO NOT apply here. Each class should have the chance to kill every other class, because this is the only way that players will be happy.

If we are talking about mages vs fighters then mages 1v1 definitely can beat any other class, I'm not saying that it is 50% on 50%.
If you like more equal game in 1x1 and on battle zone then it's not possible to do it without extra skills from higher chronicles like shadow step, hide or other skills that helps eliminate range benefit for short range classes.
chaossbart

Admin wrote:
monogiahs wrote:So what about this?

If we are talking about mages vs fighters then mages 1v1 definitely can beat any other class, I'm not saying that it is 50% on 50%.
If you like more equal game in 1x1 and on battle zone then it's not possible to do it without extra skills from higher chronicles like shadow step, hide or other skills that helps eliminate range benefit for short range classes.

I think you got it wrong, mages are complaining they get killed 1v1 by fighters (which is totally expected on small maps).

Forum Index » General discussions
Go to: