L2Cygnus - Interlude Dynamic Faction
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register  / 
[Login] Login  
Questions about the server  XML
Forum Index » General discussions
Nyxveil

I've been looking for a faction server ever since the infinitel2 days but I've got some questions about the server that aren't really in the server features section

1- do you need to get the last hit to get rewards for said kill or its based on a % of the dmg u did to the target.

2- are there 3rd class "super buffs" in the npc buffer? As usually these aren't in the NPC just to have an incentive on playing support classes as there is no reason to play any other healer class than bishop.

3- max buff slots, also if self buffs take buff slots as this is usually used to balance classes around (much like in Infinitel2 where u had 15 slots for mages and 18 slots for fighters but self buffs didnt count as a buff slot giving supports even more of a reason to play since they would use their remaning slots for resists/specific buffs making them more durable in the battlefield.

4- Do healers get exp/sp pvp rewards by healing? Or only when they are in a party and said party gets a PvP kill, this is to make healers less of a party bot and so that healers arent scared of joining events without a party.

5- Are mana pots usable during combat? I dont think any class should have a full mana bar at all times, especially the heavily skill based fighters (dreadnoughts/duelists/tyrants even tanks to some extent) since their skills were made with such a high mana consumption so they couldnt spam em all the time, and this ends up breaking these classes entirely in mass PvP scenarios, nukers do spam their skills but the max mana: mana per cast ratio is too small, except for drains but drains will always be OP and they are such high mana for this reason, also it makes warcryers/overlords just constantly spam drain like a dps while also cp/hp heals on all their pt/alliance without any set back since they just have infinite mana and orc mages were originally made as "control" mages not nukers nor full healing duty but something in between by limiting them with huge mana costs, this brings us back to my 2nd question as one of the ways of shifting some power back to the support classes without making them nukers or buffing their stats just for the sake of doing so all this while promoting organized party play for clans/small groups.

Thanks in advance, you could also list this post as a suggestion thread in case some of the features I mentioned aren't IG yet since to me that's the best way to balance a Faction server while keeping all classes relevant without having to buff stat/ give skills here and there randomly

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at 25/03/2017 10:10:42

TeddyDement
Admin

1. Last hit for reward others get assists points;
2. There are not but support classes are boosted so they can go for PvP.
3. Max - 22, for newbie players - 22+4, for BD/SWS 22+4. Self buffs don't take buff slot.
4. Yes they get reward for healing HP/CP and resurrecting players. Also there works auto party feature so you can find party easy, but for healer like bishops and elven elders there is restrictions so they can't enter PvP zone whenever they want.
5. Only healers can't use MP potions while they are in combat for all other classes MP is not consumed at all. I have idea to create event clan vs clan type in which one clans will not get any buffs from NPC and probably MP potions also. But that is only future feature.
Nyxveil

Admin wrote:1. Last hit for reward others get assists points;

Assist points can be used to exchange for rewards? This is my main concern as joining this late into the season will net me almost 0 last hits, so the progression will be utterly slow

TeddyDement
Admin

4 assists = 1 PvP.
Also for newbies there is many facilitations.

Forum Index » General discussions
Go to: