L2Cygnus - Interlude Dynamic Faction
  [Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent Topics   [Hottest Topics] Hottest Topics   [Members]  Member Listing   [Groups] Back to home page 
[Moderation Log] Moderation Log   [Register] Register  / 
[Login] Login  
A couple suggestions  XML
Forum Index » Suggestions
Sweet

I think this server is like an unpolished diamond, it has a lot of untapped potential, so I'm gonna make some suggestions regarding the server.

1)A new pvp zone.
What this server lacks is clan action. A lot of clans don't join this server because they can't do anything here, this is not a clan-friendly server, the only reason to be part of one is to get the clan skills. I asked a couple of friends with whom I usually play l2 to join the server, but after a few hours they left, because you can't have any clan action here, the pvp zone that exists now prohibits that. A lot of people like to play in a team and that is impossible at this point.
The existing pvp zone is ok and it should remain as it is, but, it's time for another one. In this new one, parties shouldn't be made automatically. It should be like in a usual l2 server. You should be able to make parties there from people of the same faction and maybe, when all the party members are near the GK and the party leader presses "teleport" it should teleport all the members to the same spot.
I think this is very important because this way, we will be able to have teamplay. It will bring a purpose to clans and we will be able to have clans fight and a lot of new people will join.

2)A farming zone
It's about time to have a farming zone. Here, parties should be prohibitted, but pvp should be allowed. The drops should be really low so it will not become a substitution for pvp, but it should exist so people can take a break, relax and farm a little.(Also, you should have good anti-botting). Maybe, you can get some unique items or drops just from this area so it will have even a bigger purpose.

3)Sieges
Sieges are very important in l2 and it's a shame they don't exist here. There should be 2 sieges, one on sunday and one on saturday.
The one on saturday should be a faction siege, every member of a faction should be able to cast and during the siege the "change faction" option should be disabled. In the end, the winning faction should have some bonuses for the rest of the week, like 5%m.atk and 5%p.atk for example. Also, you should have a good balancing system, so that players won't just change faction to the winning one after the siege to get the bonuses.
The one on sunday should be a clan siege. This will get tricky, because there are 2 options here:
a) Only clans of different factions should be able to attack each other, but this will be somewhat problematic, you understand why;
b) On that siege territory, everyone should be able to attack everyone, just like on a regular server. Also, the winnning clan should get some bonuses for that week. This will be another way of encouraging clan-play.

When it comes to gear, gear-evolution and the difference between newbie and old players, I think that things should stay as they are. Whoever is complaining must be a noob. Also, I'm aware of the fact that my suggestions are probably not easy to implement and may take time, but I say that you take as long as you need and make these possible in the server, because they will be of great help. I hope you will take these into consideration, and if I come up with new ideas, I'll make sure to post.
Admin

1. A) I agree that team vs team action in this server is missing and I will try to fix that.
For now I can say that in a new season there will be almost old fashion castle siege of one castle.
Also on top grand boss zones players will lose NPC buffs that should encourage to create more organized teams.
There may be one more siege like event but while I'm not sure about it I will not talk in details about that.
B) Right now everyone can turn off auto party function and create parties manually. Also if party leader is disabled auto party function that party will be private (no one will join automatically).
About teleport if dead players will press "fight" at the same time or almost same time they will be teleported to the same location of course that is not perfect. I see only one way how it can be changed - do teleport all private party only when party leader is teleported but that means that no one else from party will be able to teleport by himself alone.

2. I don't think that it's good idea to encourage players use farming zone instead of PvP because faction is based on PvP. But maybe making farm zone like event that will be opened once every 3-4 hours for maybe 30-60 minutes to gain easy exp/sp and low grade items like B/A enchants may be good idea.

3. A) About faction siege - I like that idea. For your concern about swapping factions after siege - it can be done that bonus will get only players of winners faction that participated in siege and did damage or something like that. But one week interval may be too long for that.
B) On clan siege there is three options that I'm thinking about:
1) No factions;
2) Two factions - one attacking and one defending;
3) One faction defending and all attacking factions default.
Reward for clan siege winners may be close to retails - few percents of main town sales.

There already is changes related to gear but it's not directly related to newbies vs advanced players balance.
Yes, to create all these features will take quite long time but I will start working on them as soon as I will complete other features and that should be at the end of this week.

All suggestions that can help to improve game quality are always welcome here.
Sweet

About teleport if dead players will press "fight" at the same time or almost same time they will be teleported to the same location of course that is not perfect. I see only one way how it can be changed - do teleport all private party only when party leader is teleported but that means that no one else from party will be able to teleport by himself alone.

When you die, you don't have to get to press "fight" in order to respawn in the pvp are again, you get the "to village" button which will send you to village. Again, this idea is for the new pvp zone, the old one is ok and it should stay as it is. This new one is mainly for premade party vs party or clan vs clan, because it's better to have a zone of their own, where they can 9v9 or w/e the max in on IL, instead of going full party in the regular zone and destoying everyone else.

2. I don't think that it's good idea to encourage players use farming zone instead of PvP because faction is based on PvP.

As I said myself, the drops must be low so it will not be a substituion for pvp, however during certain time-frames, when there is not much activity on the server, instead of pvping in 5-6 ppl, they can chose to go farm and maybe catch a pvp while they are farming.

3. A) About faction siege - I like that idea. For your concern about swapping factions after siege - it can be done that bonus will get only players of winners faction that participated in siege and did damage or something like that. But one week interval may be too long for that.
B) On clan siege there is three options that I'm thinking about:
1) No factions;

I think that's best.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at 29/05/2017 23:03:52

Admin

Sweet wrote:
When you die, you don't have to get to press "fight" in order to respawn in the pvp are again, you get the "to village" button which will send you to village. Again, this idea is for the new pvp zone, the old one is ok and it should stay as it is. This new one is mainly for premade party vs party or clan vs clan, because it's better to have a zone of their own, where they can 9v9 or w/e the max in on IL, instead of going full party in the regular zone and destoying everyone else.

To create new zones for teams only and launch together already existing ones have few shortcomings:
1. There can be situations that only one team is on that zone.
2. Dividing players in two groups for such small server like this may slow down PvP.
3. Would take long time to implement.

Instead of creating new zones for teams only I'm thinking to create team vs team challenge event. It should look something like party vs party duel just with random zone, fixed count of players or with no limit at all (teams decision), and some kind of reward for winners.

Sweet wrote:
As I said myself, the drops must be low so it will not be a substituion for pvp, however during certain time-frames, when there is not much activity on the server, instead of pvping in 5-6 ppl, they can chose to go farm and maybe catch a pvp while they are farming.

Right now farm zone is divided in two sides - one is peaceful another one is PvP. I probably will open that zone for everyone while server will be on low activity.

Sweet wrote:
Admin wrote:1) No factions;

I think that's best.

In that case one or more of defending teams may help for someone who is attacking.
I think there will be that defending teams will be in one faction and attacking teams will be default or no faction at all.

Forum Index » Suggestions
Go to: